While many people might think they need to wait until the start of 2012 to enrol in further study NMIT has announced a huge range of courses is available for midyear enrolment in 2011 including certificates, diplomas, short courses and even degrees.
Northern Melbourne's largest TAFE will make deciding on midyear study a whole lot easier by holding a Super Thursday event in June that includes information sessions on courses available at midyear, displays, tours, demonstrations and enrolment advice.
Super Thursdays at NMIT are like mini-open days but unlike most TAFEs and Universities NMIT will run a Super Thursday at least once a month until the end of the year.
While they're enrolling or finding out about their study options, Super Thursday visitors will also be able to chill out with a free short corporate (seated) massage at our Preston massage therapy clinic or hand massage at our Collingwood beauty salon. There's also a great $2.50 coffee and cake deal available at all campus cafeterias and, if making positive plans for the future makes them hungry, visitors can take advantage of a 'three course for the price of two courses' dinner offer for $22 at NMIT's Preston campus St George's Restaurant (bookings essential for St Georges dinner offer, Tel: 03 9269 1577)*.
Enrol for midyear at Super Thursday
In addition to expert advice on choosing a study pathway toward their chosen career, visitors attending NMIT's June Super Thursday will also be able to enrol in courses for 2011 midyear entry. A full list of courses available for midyear entry at NMIT is available at www.nmit.edu.au/midyear
Some of the highlights for the upcoming Super Thursday include:
- Tours of the hairdressing training salon (visitors can even have a go at creating their own hair styles on the salon's hair mannequins).
- Personal tours of NMIT's training kitchens where visitors can watch NMIT chefs and students busily preparing meals for diners at NMIT's St Georges Restaurant.
- Information session for NMIT massage therapy and aromatherapy programs (visitors can experience a short (seated) corporate massage).*
- Information sessions on NMIT's hairdressing, beauty, hospitality, cookery, tourism, events, business, fitness, pathology, and aged care courses.
- Exhibition of student work from NMIT multimedia courses plus information on multimedia courses and tours of facilities.
- Tours of the hairdressing and beauty training facilities. Visitors can also receive a free hand massage from Beauty Therapy students*.
- Animal Studies and Veterinary Nursing course information session including demonstration of a dog health check.
- Information session on Conservation and Land Management Courses.
- Q&A session with teaching staff from Building and Construction and Engineering trades and tour of facilities including building barn, plumbing pits, practice roofs, metal work shops.
- VCAL information session and tour of new Technical Education Centre.
More activities and further information
Information about new events, information sessions and activities is being regularly added to the Super Thursday timetable. Those considering commencing study at midyear or at the beginning of 2012 should check for updates plus details on locations and session times for all Super Thursday activities at www.nmit.edu.au/superthursdays .
General enquiries about midyear enrolments can be directed to NMIT's Course Enquiry Advisors by calling 03 9269 8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What: NMIT Super Thursday course and career information sessions.
Where: Preston, Collingwood, Heidelberg, Fairfield, Epping and Greensborough campuses.
When: Thursday 16 June, 9am - 7.30pm, 2011.
*Free corporate massage (Preston), hand massage (Collingwood), coffee and cake offer, and St George's (Preston) special dinner offer only available during Super Thursday held on 16 June 2011. St George's (Preston) dinner offer only available for dinner (evening) sitting of 16 June (bookings essential).
Interview / Photo Opportunity
Media enquiries should be directed to the NMIT Communications Officer, James Gardener, on (03) 92691579, 0413 483 182 or email@example.com
NMIT (Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE) - Situated on six campuses and six training centres throughout Melbourne's north plus a regional campus at Ararat, NMIT delivers vocational training, higher education and lifelong learning capabilities for a global workforce. NMIT forges partnerships with community, industry and government to produce practical, solution orientated graduates capable of making meaningful contributions to their chosen field of endeavour.
Related News Items
Interview / Photo Opportunity
Media enquiries should be directed to the NMIT Communications Officer, James Gardener.