NMIT (Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE) is giving prospective students the opportunity to organise their 2012 studies prior to Christmas.
Those wanting to secure their place at NMIT before the end of the year can do so for all full-time NMIT courses not offered through VTAC and all part-time places (even if the full-time place is offered through VTAC). Enrolments will be taken at NMIT's Super Thursdays on December 1(all campuses) and 15 (Preston campus only).
Super Thursdays at NMIT are like mini-open days with information sessions on courses available in 2012, displays, tours, demonstrations and enrolment advice. However, unlike most TAFEs and Universities, NMIT holds a Super Thursday at least once a month.
The next Super Thursday (December 1) promises a few added extras with visitors being able to chill out with a free short corporate (seated) massage at our Preston massage therapy clinic. Other great, hands-on, demonstrations include a free 'mini manicure' from NMIT Beauty students (Collingwood), a demonstration in long hair design (Preston) and free BMI (Body Mass Index) testing from NMIT Fitness program staff and students (Preston).
While December 1 Super Thursday sessions are running at all NMIT campuses, visitors attending the Preston Campus in the early evening can also enjoy a gourmet BBQ prepared by NMIT's Hospitality Department and listen to some great music from NMIT Performing Arts students.
Some other highlights for the Super Thursday on December 1 include:
- Visit the hairdressing training salon including a demonstration in long hair design.
- Tours of NMIT's training kitchens where visitors can watch NMIT chefs and students busily preparing meals for diners at NMIT's St Georges Restaurant.
- Information on NMIT massage therapy and aromatherapy programs (visitors can experience a short (seated) corporate massage).
- BMI (Body Mass Index) testing from Fitness students.
- Opportunities to sit in and experience classes in Liberal Arts and English for Bilingual Health and Community Work.
- Mini manicure from Beauty students
- Experience a Science class.
- Tour Design and Photography facilities and get advice on preparing your folio and for selection interviews.
• Tours of the electrical training and renewable energy facilities at the Green Skills Centre of Excellence.
• Tour of Northern Lodge - Eden Park, NMIT's horse stud and equine training facility.
• Experience a class in English as a Second Language (ESL).
- Take a tour of NMIT's massive building barn and check out the furniture and cabinet making and joinery, shopfitting and stairbuilding facilities.
More activities and further information
Information about new events, information sessions and activities is being regularly added to the Super Thursday timetable. Check for updates at www.nmit.edu.au/superthursdays .
General enquiries about enrolments can be directed to NMIT's Course Enquiry Advisors by calling 03 9269 8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What: NMIT Super Thursday course, career information and enrolment sessions.
Where: December 1 - Preston, Collingwood, Heidelberg, Fairfield, Epping and Greensborough campuses.
December 15 - Preston campus only.
When: Thursday 1 December (all campuses) and 15 December (Preston only), 9am - 7.30pm, 2011.
Interview / Photo Opportunity
Media enquiries should be directed to the NMIT Communications Officer, James Gardener, on (03) 92691579, 0413 483 182 or email@example.com
NMIT (Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE) - Situated on six campuses and six training centres throughout Melbourne's north plus a regional campus at Ararat, NMIT delivers vocational training, higher education and lifelong learning capabilities for a global workforce. NMIT forges partnerships with community, industry and government to produce practical, solution orientated graduates capable of making meaningful contributions to their chosen field of endeavour.
Related News Items
Interview / Photo Opportunity
Media enquiries should be directed to the NMIT Communications Officer, James Gardener.