Member for Eltham Vicki Ward welcomed VIP guests and precinct partners to Melbourne Polytechnic's newly open Greensborough Campus on Tuesday 28 February, the same day that new students commenced their first day of study at the newly refurbished campus.
Photo: Vicki Ward MP tries out the campus' brand new pathology training facilities with the help of some of our new students. Photographer: Phil Spicer
The campus, with city skyline views, is located less than 40 minutes north of Melbourne’s CBD and is now a community hub and education precinct nestled in lush gardens.
On offer is a range of courses in the health and business fields, both of which have been identified as growth sectors in the northern corridor. With state-of-the-art simulation suites for the health programs and a high-tech fit-out for business studies, the campus is an exciting place to launch your new career.
We're also thrilled to welcome our precinct partners, who complement and expand Melbourne Polytechnic's education offerings and will make the campus a true multipurpose precinct, hosting community and local industry.
Our precinct partners are:
- Banyule Nillumbik Local Learning and Employment Network, who will support students to improve education, training and employment outcomes
- Careers Education Association Victoria, who will support students through the provision of career development services including group counselling, guidance appointments, work experience preparation, employment preparation and career management
- Diamond Valley Learning Centre, who will provide a range of courses, pre-accredited training, and support to students to find employment and pathways
- Melbourne Innovation Centre (MIC), who will give students access to this internationally acclaimed business incubator, providing expertise, training, programs and networks to local business (including robotics and new energy) to help generate and grow sustainable enterprises, create employment opportunities and assist with economic development across the community. MIC will offer a range of short courses including Entrepreneurship and Design Thinking
- Banyule Tech School, one of ten state-of-the art Tech schools using leading-edge technology, discovery and innovation to deliver advanced education and training to local school age students, will be located at the Greensborough Campus in 2018.
A range of Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma and short courses are now on offer at Melbourne Polytechnic's Greensborough campus, with an expansion of courses offered from 2018 and beyond.
Enrol now to be one of the first to study on our newly renovated campus. Give one of our Education and Career Advisors a call on (03) 9269 8400.
OPEN DAY: Come along to our Community Open Day on Sunday 19th March!
Media enquiries should be directed to Melbourne Polytechnic Media Officer, Anita Coia, on 03 9269 1251 or ua.ud1560765000e.cin1560765000hcety1560765000lopen1560765000ruobl1560765000em@ai1560765000dem1560765000
Melbourne Polytechnic operates across seven campuses and five specialist training centres throughout Melbourne. The institute delivers high quality vocational and higher education in industry-standard facilities.
Related News Items
Interview / Photo Opportunity
Media enquiries should be directed to the NMIT Communications Officer, James Gardener.