Friendly working environment
Maximum Term Contract position (07/01/2018)
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, organised and qualified individual to fill the position of VET Teacher in Equine.
Your primary objectives will be:
- To teach and participate in the co-ordination of Thoroughbred Racing and Breeding courses.
- Organize and deliver theory, practical, flexible and field based classes in specialist racing & breeding subject areas including OH&S, animal identification, horse care, nutrition, training and racing programs and finances.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Technical Competencies:
- Jockey or experienced track rider
- Excellent horse handling skills
- Good awareness and application of safety around horses and whilst riding
Qualification, Licenses and Experience
- A Degree, Diploma or Certificate relevant in both content and academic level and industry experience relevant to the equine industry
- Certificate III in Racing (highly desirable)
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110)
For a full list of the key technical competencies please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $53,431 - $85,613 (T1.1 – T5) per annum plus superannuation contribution.
Maximum Term Contract (07/01/2018), Full- Time 38 hours per week.
Please note a Working With Children Check will be required for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1485101924e.cin1485101924hcety1485101924lopen1485101924ruobl1485101924em@sb1485101924oj1485101924. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.