Fixed Term Contract (until March 2020)
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38.0 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is offering the opportunity for a dynamic individual looking at starting a career in the hospitality industry to undertake a traineeship in Certificate III in Hospitality. Blend full time paid work with on the job studies.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Provide quality customers service to guests and clients
- Maintain health and safety requirements within the workplace
- Completion of Certificate III in Hospitality traineeship, training will occur in the workplace and in a structured training environment / classroom.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
- Passion for the hospitality industry
- Good study regime
- Knowledge of current Food and Beverage trends
- Previous Team Work experience
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be $18.93 per hour plus superannuation contribution.
Fixed Term Contract (March 2020), Full - Time 38.0 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to email@example.com including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.