Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Part-time 0.8 (30.4 hours per week)
About the Role:
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Technical Officer- Locksmithing.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Provide specialist technical support for Locksmithing programs including Technical Security. The position requires creative solutions to the unique and challenging problems typically associated with Locksmithing, engineering and security related fields.
- Monitor and maintain technical resources and requirements for the workshop/classroom environment ensuring facilities are developed and maintained to a high standard in accordance with relevant legislations.
- Monitor and maintain equipment, materials and documentation as required for OHS compliance including but not limited to: conducting risk assessments, conducting workplace inspections and preparing recommendations, submitting service requests.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria:
- Relevant Degree, Trade qualification or equivalent industry experience, with demonstrated broad technical knowledge and relevant experience and specialist expertise in Locksmithing, Technical Security, related engineering trades or a suitable combination thereof.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to provide both written and verbal instructions and prepare documents as necessary appropriate for a range of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and deliver inventive or creative solutions to staff and students.
- A willingness to take on new challenges, work with minimal supervision and organise workload to ensure timely completion of tasks.
For a full list of the key technical competencies please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $55,407 - $60,160 (PACCT 4.1- 4.3) pro rata, per annum plus superannuation contribution.
Ongoing, Part-time 0.8 (30.4 hours per week)
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to email@example.com including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic