Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, organised and qualified individual to fill the position of Teacher – Parks and Gardens
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Teach Parks and Gardens as well as other related courses.
- Organise and deliver theory, practical, flexible and field based classes in specialist Parks and Gardens subject areas including OH&S, turf, pest and diseases, nutrition and plant culture.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Technical Competencies:
- Ability to take a role in the effective operation and co-ordination of Parks and Gardens courses
- Ability to teach and facilitate delivery of specialist Horticulture subjects and related courses to groups which may have a diverse range of abilities, backgrounds, and readiness. Ability to use a variety of teaching modes and materials including flexible and field based delivery. Excellent machinery operation skills essential
- A thorough knowledge of current industry practices and procedures with a demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain liaisons within the Parks and Gardens Industry
Qualification, Licenses and Experience
- A Degree, Diploma or Certificate relevant in both content and academic level and industry experience relevant to the Parks and Gardens Industry.
- The TAE 40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent.
- A course of teacher training accredited at diploma is desirable.
- Current Victorian Driver’s License, as well as any other machinery license that relates to the Parks and Gardens industry.
For a full list of the key technical competencies please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $52,127 - $83,525 (T1.1 – T5) per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
Please note a Working With Children Check will be required for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1500971661e.cin1500971661hcety1500971661lopen1500971661ruobl1500971661em@sb1500971661oj1500971661. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.