Fixed Term Contract (until 30/6/2018)
Friendly Working Environment
Various Time Fractions May Be Available
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Teacher – AMEP & SEE Programs.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Develop, teach, deliver, assess and evaluate units and courses as connected to AMEP & SEE program delivery
- Support the delivery of the AMEP & SEE programs by offering expertise where and when required.
- Ensure all aspects of program development, delivery, assessment and record management meet compliance requirements –for Skills First, Melbourne Polytechnic and AMEP & SEE contract requirements.
- Support the Institute to deliver special programs such as Work Experience, pathway into VET and other courses and courses for students with multiple funding.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate post-secondary qualifications, a Certificate IV in TAE including TAELLN411 and a post-graduate TESOL and/or LLN qualification which included a minimum 22 day supervised teaching practicum in TESOL.
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning principles, teaching methodologies and a demonstrated high standard of teaching practice; and a commitment to learner-centred teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to show flexibility and range in teaching, across more than one aspect of learning outcomes such as (for example) :
- learners' needs
- funding streams
The salary will be $53,431 - $85,613 (T1.1 – T5) per annum (pro rata if applicable) plus employer superannuation contributions.
Fixed term (until 30/6/2018), various time fractions may be available
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1553617661e.cin1553617661hcety1553617661lopen1553617661ruobl1553617661em@sb1553617661oj1553617661. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.