Great working environment
Close to public transport
Friendly and supportive team environment
About the role:
NMIT is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Sessional Teacher - Auslan.
Duties required to undertake a casual teaching role:
- Preparation, delivery and evaluation of teaching content to classes as allocated by the Program Coordinator.
- Working collaboratively with the Auslan lead teacher and co teachers on delivery of the Auslan program
- Maintaining and further developing ICT skills necessary for the delivery and administration of the formal tuition and related services, together with a commitment to developing skills in effective use of technology for both face to face and online delivery of Auslan programs.
- Providing assessment and documentation of student progress within the program
- Assisting the Auslan lead teacher and Program Coordinator in all related administrative and student matters
For a comprehensive overview of the duties, please refer to the attached Duties Statement.
The successful applicant will be a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with:
- An appropriate Auslan teaching qualification
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE 40110.
- A Bachelor of Education (LOTE - Auslan) or recognised equivalent.
- Industry experience relevant to the content area and academic level being taught.
- Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competence standards.
A Working With Children Check will be required for this position
Payment is at the rate of:
$61.88 per hour for Casual Teaching – Certificate IV qualified
$64.31 per hour Casual Teaching – Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training
HOW TO APPLY
Forward your current Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia