Sessional teaching roles are available within the Department of Business, Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Melbourne Polytechnic, locations include:- Preston, Greensborough, Mildura, Albury, Shepparton and overseas for Marketing, Leadership, Project Management, Human Resources, Business, Business Administration, Work Health and Safety. We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to teach on a sessional basis.
- Plan and conduct lessons (in line with agreed delivery plans and Training Package requirements) to ensure the successful delivery of courses in the Department of Business, Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Communicate regularly with the Program Leaders and other staff within the department to establish a team environment and consistency in resourcing and delivery strategies.
- In consultation with the Program Leaders and other teaching staff implement strategies to support and retain students who are experiencing difficulties with course content.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and evaluating student learning programs and associated teaching materials relevant to teaching activity.
- Contribute to the administration of the department and teaching programs by: continually maintaining class attendance rolls in compliance with the Institute quality guidelines; provide students' academic results in a timely manner; identify resource requirements for units being taught and participate in ongoing preparation and correction relevant to the teaching activity.
Qualifications and Experience required to undertake a Sessional Teaching Role
- A certificate relevant in content and academic level to the teaching duties to be performed.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or TAE4016) including Design and Develop Assessment Tools (TAEASS502) and Address Adult language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) or (TAELLN401A).
- Industry experience relevant to the content area and academic level being taught.
- Well developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competency standards.
- Capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching duties.
- A current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, AntiDiscrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement.
Payment is at the rate of:
- $65.01 per hour for Casual Teaching – Certificate IV qualified
- $67.57 per hour Casual Teaching – Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training.
To apply please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to: ua.ud1548235692e.cin1548235692hcety1548235692lopen1548235692ruobl1548235692em@gn1548235692irete1548235692Dhpes1548235692oJ1548235692
For further details please call Joseph Detering: 9269 1097
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.