Department of Agriculture, Animal and Equine Studies
Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint Animal Studies Sessional Teachers within the Department of Agriculture, Animal and Equine Studies. Teaching within the Certificate II Animal Studies including extra VETis students, Certificate III in Companion Animal Services and the Certificate 1V in Veterinary Nursing
Your primary objectives will be:
- Teach into the Certificate II Animal Studies, Certificate III in Companion Animal Services and the Certificate 1V in Veterinary Nursing in the department of Agriculture Animal and Equine Studies Fairfield and Greensborough campus.
- Collaborate with vocational education staff to support and maintain a high quality student learning experience.
- Plan and conduct lessons (in line with agreed delivery plans and Training Package requirements) to ensure the successful deliver of courses in the Animal Studies department
- Communicate regularly with the Program Leaders and other staff within the department to establish a team environment and consistency in resourcing and delivery strategies.
- In consultation with the Program Leaders and other teaching staff implement strategies to support and retain students who are experiencing difficulties with course content.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and evaluating student learning programs and associated teaching materials relevant to teaching activity.
- Contribute to the administration of the department and teaching programs by: continually maintaining class attendance rolls in compliance with the Institute quality guidelines; provide students' academic results in a timely manner; identify resource requirements for units being taught and participate in ongoing preparation and correction relevant to the teaching activity.
Qualifications, Licenses and Experience
- A certificate relevant in content and academic level to the teaching duties to be performed at Melbourne Polytechnic Animal studies
- Industry experience relevant to the content area and academic level of curriculum being presented to students.
- Teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competency standards.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116). Must upgrade to this new certificate
- A current Working with Children Check.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Anti-Discrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement.
Payment is at the rate of:
$65.01 per hour for Casual Teaching – Certificate IV qualified
$67.57 per hour Casual Teaching – Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training.
For further details please call Louise O'Gorman on 03 9269 8970 or please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to:
Program Leader, Animal & Equine Studies (Farriery and Racing) (VET)