Maximum Term Contract positions (until Feb 2019)
Full-time (38 hours per week)
Dynamic work environment
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Program Leader – Auslan.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Co-ordinate Auslan (Australian Sign Language) programs within the Bridging and Preparatory Department.
- Provide educational leadership to staff and students within the Auslan programs and across department programs.
- Support operational activities including quality assurance, student progress and recruitment of students and staff.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- A Degree or Diploma relevant to courses offered within the department and a course of teacher training accredited at Australian Qualifications framework level 5, which included supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodology or equivalent. Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is required (TAE40110). Working with Children Check and Police Check.
- Auslan Communication skills.
- A sound knowledge of the diverse areas within the Bridging & Preparatory Studies Department and a background in an industry related to the departments offerings.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively lead and manage a team of staff in the design, implementation and evaluation of innovative teaching materials, products and services.
The salary will be $90,998 (SE2) per annum plus superannuation.
Maximum Term Contract (until Feb 2019), Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1537480936e.cin1537480936hcety1537480936lopen1537480936ruobl1537480936em@sb1537480936oj1537480936. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.