Full Time (38 Hours per week)
Great working environment
In 2014 NMIT will establish a presence in the Melbourne suburb of Prahran. This new campus will trade under the name Melbourne Polytechnic and will deliver both Vocational and Education and Training and Higher Education programs.
This position will be initially located at the Prahran Campus and will be dependent upon sufficient student enrolments.
About the role
- Co-ordinate Fashion Design and Visual Merchandising teaching programs within the Visual Arts Department
- Provide educational leadership to staff and students within the Fashion Design and Visual Merchandising programs and support operational activities around Quality assurance, FFS and industry liaison.
The successful applicant will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with:
- Educational leadership skills to develop and implement programs in the institute, industry or within the community to provide teaching and program organisation which caters for the needs of the students, the teaching programs, and the institute.
- A Degree or Diploma relevant in both content and academic level relevant to Fashion design or Visual Merchandising industries. Relevant and recent industrial experience in the industry, plus a course of teacher training accredited at Australian Qualifications framework level 5, which included supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodology or equivalent, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is required (TAE40110).
- Ability to contribute to development of programs and services including Fee for Service.
- A sound knowledge of the diverse areas within the Fashion Design and Visual Merchandising industries including an ability to teach subjects, which may include theory and practice.
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.