Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Procurement and Contracts Manager.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- The purpose of this position is to formulate and provide a consistent approach towards all sourcing, purchasing and tendering activity across Melbourne Polytechnic by managing a centralised procurement and contract management function. The purpose of this is to ensure value for money is maximised and cost savings are generated.
- This role will demonstrate annual cost savings for Melbourne Polytechnic via commercial, negotiation and strategic initiatives. The role will ensure adequate governance and risk management around all contracts including compliance with Melbourne Polytechnic’s standard terms and conditions for contracts.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant Degree or post graduate qualification and experience, or extensive management and leadership experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant management and leadership experience and/or education and training.
- Experience in managing contracts from development of initial terms and conditions, management, and closure, including the use of a contracts register and contract management software.
- Experience and working knowledge of procurement systems, processes, software and other tools.
- Ability to apply industry practices, principles, concepts, techniques and standards relating to contracts administration, preparation, and negotiation.
The salary will be in the range of $85,000 - $105,000 per annum plus employer superannuation commensurate with skills and experience.
Ongoing, Full-Time (38 Hours Week)
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1566497809e.cin1566497809hcety1566497809lopen1566497809ruobl1566497809em@sb1566497809oj1566497809. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.