Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Part-time 0.6 (22.8 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Music & Sound Technical Officer.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Maintain the specialist facilities for the Performing Arts Department, Including equipment and software.
- Manage the classroom support requirements for the Performing Arts Department.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Provide recommendations to the Manager of Department in respect of replacement or upgrade of equipment.
- Experience working with computers and an ability to troubleshoot minor Apple and/or PC computer hardware/software problems. Identify issues that require expert help via staff, supplier or ICT and follow up this support Key Software: Logic Audio, Sibelius, Pro-Tools, and Abelton Live.
Experience working in and/or providing technical/facility support in Music. Sound. Lighting and Staging
Demonstrated ability to initiate, monitor and complete work plans in relation to OHS, equipment maintenance and purchase, facilities management and support in a timely manner.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $55,407 - $60,160 (PACCT 4.1 – 4.3) pro rata, per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Part - Time 26.6 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.