Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, organised and qualified individual to fill the position of Manager Library Services
Your primary objectives will be:
- To lead and direct the range of Library Services provided to students and staff of the institute;
- To provide high level strategic advice on all matters relating to Library Services in order to enhance the Student Experience and optimise academic outcomes for students.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Technical Competencies:
- Proven track record and success in leading a team to deliver innovative library and information services aligned to organisational goals;
- Up-to-date understanding of issues facing libraries in an academic setting ;
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to set a clear vision and sense of direction, to achieve business outcomes, to undertake change management and implement continuous improvement processes
Qualification, Licenses and Experience
- An experienced Librarian with exceptional skills and professional knowledge in librarianship and people management;
- Relevant qualification(s) with significant Library /Information Management experience, ideally within Tertiary education sector;
- Eligible for Membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
For a full list of the key technical competencies please refer to the position description.
The salary will be $95,000 negotiable per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- List including 3 referees with landline phone number and contact details
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1493123544e.cin1493123544hcety1493123544lopen1493123544ruobl1493123544em@sb1493123544oj1493123544. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Poly