Are you a health industry leader interested in education?
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking a health industry leader to support the transformation of the Health Programs within the School of Health and Education. The School offers a diverse range of traditional and emerging courses designed to develop the heath workforce of the future. The Manager, Health and Community plays a key role by leading a team of experienced teachers and working with industry leaders to develop and deliver curriculum designed to build an industry responsive health workforce.
The School is also home to the Back to Work Project, a Victorian government funded initiative that builds the capacity of the School to engage with the health and related industries to understand the respond to their current and future workforce needs.
Your primary objective will be to:
- Recognised leadership in health or health-related industry
- Experience in successful leadership of a diverse team
- Demonstrated ability to build working relationships beyond organisational boundaries
- Demonstrated experience of successful change and transformation
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Technical Competencies
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications preferably to post graduate level together with extensive knowledge and background in teaching and training. An extensive knowledge of current issues in higher education and vocational education and training particularly as they relate to the areas taught within the school.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead significant cultural change to a large and diverse group of staff.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including demonstrable leadership skills and the ability to conceptualize and implement the principles of inclusiveness across the school.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Institute and its programs and to the principles of continuous improvement.
Qualifications, Licenses and Experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications preferably to post graduate level together with appropriate years' of industrial experience and a course of teacher training accredited at AQF5 level which includes supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodologies or equivalent.
- An extensive knowledge of current issues in higher education and vocational education and training particularly as they relate to the areas taught within the school.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or equivalent.
The salary will be $103,190 per annum plus employer superannuation contributions.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1481367031e.cin1481367031hcety1481367031lopen1481367031ruobl1481367031em@sb1481367031oj1481367031. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.