Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Part-time (22.8 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Library Officer.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Deliver contemporary, value-added, dynamic and engaging library and customer service experiences to staff and students at Melbourne Polytechnic as well as potential students.
- Act as an ambassador of the Melbourne Polytechnic brand and products.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant library qualification recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) OR progress towards library qualifications OR relevant experience in an academic, public or educational library setting.
- Achievement in the provision of quality customer service to ensure positive customer interactions with a diverse range of clients with varying needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a positive team member in a customer focused environment, including working collaboratively to support and encourage others and proven time management and organisational skills.
- High level verbal and written communication skills including the ability to confidently promote and market library services to clients with varying needs.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $43,895 - $48,505 (PACCT 2.1 – 2.4) pro rata per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Part - Time 22.8 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1521393869e.cin1521393869hcety1521393869lopen1521393869ruobl1521393869em@sb1521393869oj1521393869. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.