Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Library and Academic Services Manager.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Lead and direct the range of both Library and Learning Skills and Assessment Unit (LSAU) Services provided to students and staff of the institute. Undertake a leadership role in the development, management and promotion of these services.
- Liaise with key institute contacts to ensure the timely and appropriate provision of both Library and LSAU support to Melbourne Polytechnic staff and students.
- Provide high level strategic advice on all matters relating to Library Services and LSAU, in order to enhance the Student Experience and optimise academic outcomes and student retention rates students.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant library qualification recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) and/or in a relevant field (e.g. education, learning and teaching) combined with significant experience, ideally within the Tertiary education sector;
- Strong leadership skills and experience and the ability to set a clear vision and sense of direction to: achieve business outcomes, undertake change management and implement continuous improvement processes;
- Understanding of issues facing libraries and learning skills units in a contemporary academic setting; and an ability to problem-solve and create innovative solutions;
- Proven ability to ensure strong focus on customer service / client outcomes;
The salary will be $100,000 per annum plus employer superannuation contributions.
Ongoing, Full-Time (38 Hours Week)
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1548238027e.cin1548238027hcety1548238027lopen1548238027ruobl1548238027em@sb1548238027oj1548238027. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.