Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Legal Counsel.
Your primary objective will be:
To provide legal advice and guidance to Melbourne Polytechnic. The role has a strong focus on contracts and commercial agreements, and the successful appointee will also be assisting the General Counsel to manage a broad portfolio of legal and corporate governance issues.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- A current Victorian legal practising certificate, and/or eligibility to practice in Victoria, with 3-8 years of general commercial law experience and/or minimum three years post qualification experience, with more senior lawyers also encouraged to apply.
- Tertiary qualified to at least undergraduate degree level with sound working experience relevant to the position.
- Significant experience advising in relation to commercial contracts is essential.
- Industry experience in either the education sector or public sector is desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrated high level analytical skills.
For a full list of Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1493137920e.cin1493137920hcety1493137920lopen1493137920ruobl1493137920em@sb1493137920oj1493137920. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.