Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Lecturer – Writing and Publishing.
Your primary objectives will be:
- Develop, deliver and administer programs in the Bachelor of Writing and Publishing in accordance with the program’s requirements, related to their areas of expertise.
- Pursue and undertake research projects and maintain professional competency in areas relevant to the program’s aims and objectives and the appointee’s own area of expertise.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Technical Competencies
- Relevant and recent industrial experience in the Writing and Publishing Industry including practical experience in Writing and Publishing processes and workflows.
- Demonstrated ability to teach Writing and Publishing programs.
- Well-developed skills in teaching including the ability to select and use a wide range of teaching, transfer knowledge, concepts and understanding appropriately to a diverse student population and standards required.
Qualifications, Licenses and Experience
A PhD qualification in a field relevant to the degree program, or if a Publishing professional, have substantial industry-relevant qualifications, and/or relevant and current skills and experience. A Publishing professional will be expected to undertake postgraduate studies in an area relevant to the degree
Lecturer Level B with a salary range of $81,423 - $96,686 per annum. Commencing salary will be negotiated according to qualifications and experience.
Superannuation is additional and Melbourne Polytechnic is able to contribute to UniSuper.
Note that service with publicly funded Australian Universities is recognised for long service and sick leave purposes.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- List including 3 referees with landline phone number and contact details
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1501093691e.cin1501093691hcety1501093691lopen1501093691ruobl1501093691em@sb1501093691oj1501093691. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic