Fixed term contract position available (until 31/7/2019)
Friendly working environment
Part-time (30.4 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Learning and Teaching Co-ordinator (Auslan).
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Develope and implement of a professional learning program for Auslan teachers working across Victoria.
- Conduct research and be informed about applied sign language linguistics and second language teaching evidenced based practices to inform the development of the professional practice and teacher development model for all Auslan teachers.
- Implement a professional practice and teacher development model to enhance the skills base of all Auslan teachers employed at Melbourne Polytechnic.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate post-secondary qualification or equivalent, A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) including Design & Develop Assessment tools (TAEASS502) and address Adult language, literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) (TAELLN401A) or higher and an approved course of teacher training or sign language linguistics together with demonstrated understanding of adult learning and second language teaching principles.
- Demonstrated experience or knowledge in innovative thinking and creative approaches to professional practice, curriculum and assessment design particularly using second language teaching pedagogy including using a range of technologies and simulated learning environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in teaching Auslan to second language learners using a learning centred, contemporary and diverse approach to curriculum.
- Evidence of experience and knowledge in developing professional practice models through evidence based research, preparation of reports for implementation.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be $88,305 (SE1) per annum pro rata plus employer superannuation contributions.
Fixed Term Contract (until 31/7/2018), Part -Time, 30.4 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.