Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Head of Quality and Compliance Unit.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Provide specialist quality support and advice to organisational areas and assist in identifying, analysing and managing quality obligations related to academic endeavor in order for Melbourne Polytechnic to meet its Higher Education and VET quality standard obligations and to facilitate the delivery of quality outcomes for students.
- Provide education and guidance to the College and Schools about QA and continuous improvement issues. The position also provides expert advice on the requirements of the VET Quality Framework (ASQA), HE Threshold Standards (TEQSA), ESOS/CRICOS National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students and their implementation within Melbourne Polytechnic.
- Oversee, coordinate and report on compliance matters to the Board, Academic Board, management and staff, ensuring all stakeholders are aware of their responsibility for compliance with Institute policies, relevant contracts/agreements, and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the conduct of internal audits, pertaining to educational records management and copyright functions, in particular, relating to relevant legislation and standards, coordinates the arrangement of external (non-financial) audits and provides support and assistance to the external audit program.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- An appropriate post graduate qualification or equivalent in a relevant field. Demonstrated experience in a relevant field, including evidence of both strategic and educational leadership.
- Evidence of strategic and educational leadership demonstrating expertise in all areas of Educational Quality and Academic Governance.
- Demonstrated understanding and evidence of experience in course accreditation processes and monitoring of quality practices in Higher Education.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the development of course curriculum and quality learning and teaching practices in tertiary education.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of regulatory standards, including TEQSA and ASQA.
- Evidence of significant leadership and mentoring of teams of academic and/or general staff.
The salary will be in range of $130,000 - $150,000 per annum inclusive of superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.