Fixed Term Contract position (6 months)
Friendly working environment
Part-time (15.2 hours per week)
About the Role:
- The Melbourne Polytechnic Fitness Centre provides a relaxed, friendly and welcoming atmosphere to students, staff and community members. The facility includes a fully equipped gym, group fitness room and change rooms.
- We are looking for a person to fill a position for 15.2 hours per week as a contract for 6 months.
- The hours are set at Monday (excluding Public Holidays), Wednesday and Friday afternoons/evenings. There may be possibility of additional hours so some flexibility would be beneficial.
- Be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- A commitment to fitness and the desire to help others.
- Have a minimum of a Certificate III in Fitness; a related Certificate IV or diploma in Fitness would be highly desirable.
- Have at least one-year experience in the fitness industry and previous employment in a gym is desirable.
- Have extensive knowledge and experience in: writing fitness programs, performing fitness assessments, taking group fitness classes and personal training.
- Have a current Working with Children Check.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview, with an anticipated start date of mid-June.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $50,021 - $54,013 (PACCT 3.1 – 3.3) pro rata, per annum plus superannuation.
Fixed Term Contract, (6 months) Part - Time 15.2 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to email@example.com including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.