Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, organised and qualified individual to fill the position of Financial Accountant.
Your primary objective will be to:
- The purpose of this position is to maintain the general ledger and the subsidiary fixed assets register, analyse expense and balance sheet accounts and make recommendations for accruals and adjustments as needed. It includes the review of financial results and the provision of authoritative advice to senior managers in relation to general ledger queries.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Technical Competencies:
- Demonstrated knowledge in the preparation of Financial Statements.
- Demonstrated experience in accounting, external reporting, internal management reporting and asset accounting.
- Significant experience with computerised accounting systems and Microsoft Office suite.
Qualification, Licenses and Experience
An appropriate accounting qualification and membership of a recognized accounting body with extensive knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards and Financial Management Act 1994.
For a full list of the key technical competencies please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $82,653 - $88,205 (AO10.1- AO10.3) per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1500834789e.cin1500834789hcety1500834789lopen1500834789ruobl1500834789em@sb1500834789oj1500834789. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.