Full-time (38 hrs per week)
Great working environment
About the role
NMIT is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Department Administrator. You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with excellent subject knowledge.
Your primary objectives will be:
- The Department Administrator is responsible for the leadership, coordination and effective management of all administrative functions of the department including the assurance that policies and procedures of the Institute are followed and adhered to.
- Normally the successful applicant will have an undergraduate degree together with significant experience in an administrative role in a higher education setting. However, a combination of qualifications and experience considered to be equivalent would also be considered.
- Experience in establishing academic administrative systems, procedural review and capability to introduce new business processes and manage change in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated advanced information literacy including the use of learning management systems for flexible learning, content managements systems such as Sharepoint.
- High level computer literacy of the Microsoft Office suite of programs and the Internet including: database development, report writing and correspondence; production of PowerPoint presentations; mail-merges and mail outs.
A Working With Children Check will be required for this position.
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.