Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Course Co-ordinator and Senior Lecturer, Education (Early Years).
Your primary objectives will be:
- Lead and manage the delivery of Education (Early Years) suite of HE Programs
- Teach in the program in accordance with areas of expertise.
- Initiate, lead and undertake research projects and maintain professional competency in the appointee's own area of expertise.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Technical Competencies
- Significant experience in Early Years Education or related field that may include professional contributions or achievements in teaching and research that relate to the discipline
- Excellent scholarly performance evidenced by an established track record of peer-reviewed publications
- A formal qualification in teaching
- Evidence of innovation and effectiveness in teaching
Qualifications, Licenses and Experience
- Normally a PhD in Education in the field of Early Years Education or demonstrated substantial progress towards a PhD in conjunction with evidence of university teaching experience would be required. Masters qualified candidates with outstanding university teaching experience who demonstrate a definite commitment to obtain a PhD will be considered
- Victorian Institute of Teaching registration or eligibility for such registration
- Working with Children Check
- Current Police Check
For a full list of Key Technical Competencies and Qualifications, Licences and Experience please refer to the position description.
Lecturer Level C with a salary range of $99,740 - $115,005 per annum. Commencing salary will be negotiated according to qualifications and experience.
Superannuation is additional and Melbourne Polytechnic is able to contribute to UniSuper.
Note that service with publicly funded Australian Universities is recognised for long service and sick leave purposes.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- List including 3 referees with landline phone number and contact details
A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1484964639e.cin1484964639hcety1484964639lopen1484964639ruobl1484964639em@sb1484964639oj1484964639. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic