Casual teaching roles are available in the Building & Construction, Carpentry, Cabinet Making Trades programs at Melbourne Polytechnic. We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to teach in the following areas on a casual basis.
- Certificate II in Building & Construction
- Certificate III in Carpentry
- Certificate III in Cabinet Making
- Certificate III in Shopfitting
- Plan and conduct lessons (in line with agreed delivery plans and Training Package requirements) to ensure the successful delivery of courses in the Trades Department.
- Communicate regularly with the Lead Teachers, Program Leaders and other staff within the Trades programs to establish a team environment and consistency in resourcing and delivery strategies.
- In consultation with the Lead Teachers, Program Leaders and other teaching staff implement strategies to support and retain students who are experiencing difficulties with course content.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and evaluating student learning programs and associated teaching materials relevant to teaching activity.
- Contribute to the administration of the department and teaching programs by: continually maintaining class attendance rolls in compliance with the Institute quality guidelines; provide students academic results in a timely manner; identify resource requirements for units being taught and participate in ongoing preparation and correction relevant to the teaching activity.
Qualifications and Experience required to undertake a Casual Teaching Role:
- A Trade Qualification in appropriate qualification Carpentry, Cabinet Making, Shop fitting. Industry experience relevant to the content area and academic level being taught. Experience in technical security will be well regarded.
- Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competency standards.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or (TAE40116)
- A sound knowledge of the relevant industry area.
- Capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching duties
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Anti-Discrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement.
- A current Working With Children check.
Payment is at the rate of:
$65.01 per hour for Casual Teaching – Certificate IV Qualified
$67.57 per hour Casual Teaching – Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training.
How to Apply
To apply please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to: ua.ud1519358805e.cin1519358805hcety1519358805lopen1519358805ruobl1519358805em@re1519358805yrcna1519358805htan1519358805
For further details please call Nathan Cryer: 9269 8609