Sessional Teachers – Pathology Collection, Individual Support, Disability, Community Services, Health Services Assistance, Mental Health and AOD, Leisure and Health, Allied Health, Education Support, Early Childhood Education and Care, First Aid
Sessional teaching roles are available within the School of Health and Education at Melbourne Polytechnic. We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to teach on a sessional basis.
· Plan and conduct lessons (in line with agreed delivery plans and Training Package requirements) to ensure the successful delivery of courses in the School of Health and Education.
· Communicate regularly with the Program Leaders and other staff within the school to establish a team environment and consistency in resourcing and delivery strategies.
· In consultation with the Program Leaders and other teaching staff implement strategies to support and retain students who are experiencing difficulties with course content.
· Assist in developing, maintaining and evaluating student learning programs and associated teaching materials relevant to teaching activity.
· Contribute to the administration of the department and teaching programs by: continually maintaining class attendance rolls in compliance with the Institute quality guidelines; provide students’ academic results in a timely manner; identify resource requirements for units being taught and participate in ongoing preparation and correction relevant to the teaching activity.
Qualifications and Experience required to undertake a Sessional Teaching Role:
· A certificate relevant in content and academic level to the teaching duties to de performed
· Industry experience relevant to the content area and academic level being taught
· Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competency standards
· A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110)
· Current first aid / CPR certificate (HLTAID003 and HLTAID001) HLTAID006 desirable but not essential
· Capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching duties
· A current Police Check and Working with Children Check
· Demonstrated knowledge of the commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Anti-Discrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement
Payment is at the rate of:
$65.01 per hour for Casual Teaching – Certificate IV qualified
$67.57 per hour Casual Teaching – Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training
To apply please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to:
For Health and Community Courses
Ms Kathi Horton
Manager Health and Community
For Education Courses
Ms Teresa Cusack