Casual Lecturer roles are available within the School of Creative Arts at Melbourne Polytechnic in a newly established Master of Creative Industries program. We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to develop and deliver subjects in the following areas on a casual basis:
- Creative Industries Entrepreneurship
- Developing Creative Enterprises
- Creative Practice
- Project Design
- Arts Law
- Strategy in Creative Practices
- Plan and deliver subjects at a graduate level (AQF level 8 and 9)
- Communicate regularly with the Head of School, Department Managers and other academic staff within the School of Creative Arts to establish a team environment and consistency in resourcing and delivery strategies.
- In consultation with the Head of School, Department Managers and other staff implement strategies to support and retain students who are experiencing difficulties with course content.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and evaluating student learning programs and associated teaching materials relevant to teaching activity.
- Contribute to the administration of the department and teaching programs by: continually maintaining class attendance rolls in compliance with the Institute quality guidelines; provide students' academic results in a timely manner; identify resource requirements for units being taught and participate in ongoing preparation and correction relevant to the teaching activity.
Qualifications and Experience required to undertake a Casual Lecturer Role
- A postgraduate qualification relevant in content and academic level to the teaching duties to be performed. Doctorate required. Master may be considered with appropriate experience.
- Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and level.
- A sound knowledge of the creative industries and its interaction with education.
- Capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching duties
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Anti-Discrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement.
- A current Working with Children check.
Payment is at the rate of:
Rates are variable based on duties performed. Indicative basic lecture rate $162.45.
To apply please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to:
Dr. Tim Weir
Head of School, Creative Arts