What is CPD? Continuing Professional Development or CPD is a mandatory requirement that has been developed for the electrical card holder to maintain, improve, broaden and enhance knowledge, skills and competence under Skills maintenance component. The Skills Maintenance component has to be renewed every 5 years.
Licence holders required to undertake the trainer can be found on the Energy Safe Victoria website.
- Topic 1 – Your Responsibilities
- Topic 2 – Major Changes to Acts, Regulations and Standards
- Topic 3 – Safe Isolation (practical activity)
- Topic 4 – Mandatory Testing (practical activity)
Upon successful completion of the CPD course, you will have gained the required skills and knowledge to successfully renewal of your licence via the ESVConnect.
Identification – Photo id - Drivers Licence or Passport and your A grade electrical licence MUST be sighted on the day as proof you are eligible to undertake the course.
Participants will be required to wear and bring:
- Long pants
- Long sleeve top
- Workwear (enclosed) footwear
- Safety eye wear
- Electrical gloves
- Digital/Analogue IR tester
- LOTO kit
A FREE download link will be provide upon enrolment. Please print and bring a copy of the Australian Standards and Regulations to the course.
Australian Standards and Regulations
- AS/NZS 3000 Wiring Rules
- AS/NZS 4836 Safe working on or near low voltage electrical installations and equipment
- AS/NZS 3017 Electrical Installations – Verification Guidelines
- Electricity Safety (General) Regulations 2019