Maximum Term Contract position (30/6/2020)
Full-time (38 hours per week)
Friendly working environment
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint a experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Melbourne AMEP Volunteer Tutor Scheme Officer.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Recruit volunteer tutors and match with AMEP clients as described in the AMEP contract.
- Maintain networks, record keeping systems, procedures, and support mechanisms as required by the program.
- Support the delivery of tutor training sessions.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- A suitable combination of qualifications at a minimum tertiary level, along with experience working within community development or related field. Experience in delivering volunteer programs and demonstrated skills in working in a cross-cultural environment is highly desirable.
- Understanding of strategies relevant to addressing the education and settlement needs of recently-arrived refugees and migrants, and skills in supporting volunteers working in a cross- cultural environment.
- Highly effective communication, interpersonal and team skills, excellent organisational and time management skills, including the ability to work in a self-directed manner, confidence in public speaking, ability to network in a professional setting and the ability to exercise sound judgement.
- Demonstrated administrative and organisational skills including skills in database maintenance, filing and administrative systems maintenance and knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
The salary will be in the range of $55,407 - $60,160 (PACCT 4.1 – 4.3) per annum plus superannuation.
Maximum Term Contract (30/06/2020), Full- Time 38 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.