Melbourne Polytechnic is committed to promoting and maintaining an environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination and bullying.
This commitment is supported by the following policy, which defines responsibilities and processes for ensuring a safe and fair environment for students:
Talk to a counsellor or a teacher who can:
- Help you decide if discrimination, harassment or bullying has occurred
- Advise on appropriate action to take
- Support you whether you decide to pursue a complaint or not
To see a counsellor, contact the Student Services Office on 9269 1314.
If you believe that you’ve been harassed, bullied or discriminated against you can take positive steps to manage the situation.
- Know your rights
- Talk to someone who can help e.g. Counsellors, friends, teachers
If you feel safe and confident, approach the person who is bullying you and tell them that their behaviour is unwanted and not acceptable.
- Ask a friend to come with you to talk to the bully, write down what you want to say
- Lodge a complaint using Melbourne Polytechnic’s complaints policy and process. This will be investigated and someone will get back to you.
- Contact the Fair Work Commission on 1300 799 675 for advice.
Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission
The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission offers free, impartial confidential information and is located at:
Level 3, 204 Lygon Street, Carlton, VIC 3053.
Advice Line: 1300 292 153
TTY: 1300 289 621
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: October 11, 2016