Released: 10 January 2011
Melbourne Polytechnic welcomes you, the viewer of Melbourne Polytechnic WebSite (the Site) and any Melbourne Polytechnic related Sites. The Site consists of https://www.melbournepolytechnic.edu.au/ and any related Melbourne Polytechnic Sites.
Acceptance of terms
Melbourne Polytechnic provides the Site subject to these Terms and Conditions. As you access the Site, it is your responsibility to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and that by accessing the site you agree to these Terms and Conditions. Please help us keep the Site clean. If you see anything that violates these Terms and Conditions, please email details of the violation to the Online Coordinator.
Melbourne Polytechnic respects your privacy. Our Privacy Statement provides details about Melbourne Polytechnic policy on privacy.
Content providers/authors for the Site must comply with the privacy principles stated in the Melbourne Polytechnic Privacy Statement.
Varying these terms
Melbourne Polytechnic may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to be aware of the release date and document version of these Terms and Condition.
You must not do any of the following when you access the Melbourne Polytechnic Site:
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Site's infrastructure, including but not limited to "spam" or other such unsolicited mass e-mailing techniques;
- use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation the posting or transmitting any threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, profane or spam material;
- mislead or deceive others through any act or omission or make any false representation about your identity, including the impersonation of a real or fictitious person or using an alternative identity or pseudonym;
- transfer content which contravenes a confidentiality or non disclosure agreement, insider trading laws, intellectual property rights or which you are not authorised to transfer to another party;
- conduct any activity which compromises or breaches another party's patent rights, trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- publish advertising material of any kind or market any goods or services directly to other users;
- introduce any virus, worm, Trojan horse, malicious code or other program to the Site which may damage computers or other computer based equipment;
- stalk or harass anyone;
- attempt to disrupt or interfere with the delivery of Melbourne Polytechnic services or the services of our partners and clients;
- use the details of other users/Melbourne Polytechnic staff for anything other than the use expressly permitted by those users;
- sell, redistribute or use information contained on the Melbourne Polytechnic Site for a commercial purpose without Melbourne Polytechnic's prior written consent.
Access to Melbourne Polytechnic website
Crawling or Spider-ing of Melbourne Polytechnic content is prohibited as is framing or providing unauthorised interfaces to Melbourne Polytechnic applications without the express permission of the Online Coordinator.
Monitoring and enforcement
The Melbourne Polytechnic web team are not able to control and actively monitor content at all times. Despite the Melbourne Polytechnic web team’s efforts, you may be exposed to objectionable content and Melbourne Polytechnic encourages users to contact the Online Coordinator to report any objectionable content.
The software used in connection with the Site is protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights (which are governed by Australian and worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions, privacy and publicity laws, and communication regulations and statutes).
The software is owned and controlled by Melbourne Polytechnic or its licensors.
Copyright © Melbourne Polytechnic 2008 – 2014- All rights reserved.
Except as permitted by the Copyright Act 1969 (the Act), no part of the Site content may in any form or by any means be reproduced or transmitted without the prior permission of the publisher.
Requests for permission must be forwarded to:
Marketing and Corporate Communications
77 St Georges Road
Phone: +61 3 9269 1241
Facsimile: +61 3 9269 1203
Email: Online Coordinator
All third party material included in the Site is attributed.
The material in this communication may be subject to copyright under the Act. Any further reproduction or communication of this material by you may be the subject of copyright protection under the Act.
Disclaimer of Liability for Information on the Site
Information that requires amendment should be referred to the Melbourne Polytechnic Online Coordinator
All efforts have been made to ensure that material is accurate and current, however:
- Melbourne Polytechnic makes no warranty, or guarantee, or promise expressed or implied, that the material on the Site is complete or up to date. Users requiring final confirmation should contact the department responsible for providing the information.
- Information provided about courses and facilities constitutes an expression of intent and is not to be taken as a firm offer or undertaking. Melbourne Polytechnic reserves the right to discontinue or vary courses without notice and to impose limitations on enrolment in any course.
- Melbourne Polytechnic accepts no liability or responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a result of direct or indirect use or application of any material or information on the Site.
- The views and opinions of the many authors expressed via the site do not necessarily represent those of Melbourne Polytechnic.
Course Information Disclaimer
Melbourne Polytechnic makes every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information on the Site. Viewers should be aware of the following:
- Course information is subject to change. Up-to-date course information is available by calling (03) 9269 8400 (within Australia) or +61 3 9269 1666 (International).
Melbourne Polytechnic reserves the right to alter any material or information on the Site and/or remove any material or information from the Site without notice.
Melbourne Polytechnic provides links to Internet websites maintained by third parties over which Melbourne Polytechnic has no control. We are not responsible for the contents of any linked website or any link contained in linked websites.
Melbourne Polytechnic will not be liable for any damages or loss arising in any way out of or in connection with or incidental to any information or third party service provided by any third party. You acknowledge that you enter any third party websites at your own risk.
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 9th December 2014