Health professionals need specialised support staff to deliver the best in hospital care.
Health support workers provide assistance to medical and allied health professionals and work with clients while supervised.
Health support workers can work in:
- hospitals or community health facilities
- agencies that supply support services staff
Melbourne Polytechnic’s courses train health support staff in multi-skilled roles, which enables them to explore work opportunities in any hospital in Australia.
- applying first aid
- occupational health and safety processes
- transporting clients
- interpreting and applying medical terminology
- recognising healthy body systems in a health care context
- maintaining high standards of client service
- preparing and maintaining beds
- assisting with client movement
- following basic food safety practice
- working effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- complying with infection control policies and procedures
- performing general cleaning tasks
- delivering care services with a pallative approach
- communicating and working effectively in health
- supporting the care of clients
|Certificate III in Health Services Assistance|
Our Certificate III in Health Services Assistance is the foundation for your career in the health industry. With this nationally recognised qualification, you'll gain the skills and knowledge to work in hospitals and healthcare settings around Australia.
|Certificate III in Individual Support|
The Certificate III in Individual Support is a nationally recognised qualification that will give you the practical skills and knowledge to work within the Aged Care sector, to provide a professional level of dignified and meaningful life.
|Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs|
If you work in, or would like to work in a community based organisation, withdrawal service, residential rehabilitation or an outreach service, our Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs is the course for you. The program offers excellent teaching in these areas and successful completion will see you with a qualification in the field, paving the way for further study in Community Services and Health and Education and career options.
|Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance|
Considering working in health and community? Are you interested in a career in Allied Health? Our Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance covers treatment plans, therapeutic interventions and how to conduct programs under the supervision of a specialised allied health professional.
|Certificate IV in Disability|
The Certificate IV in Disability will prepare you to train and support people with disabilities. Empower people with disabilities to achieve greater independence and community participation.
|Certificate IV in Mental Health|
Would you like to make a difference in improving the mental health of others? Our Certificate IV in Mental Health focuses on recovery-orientated models and offers you many career opportunities in this rewarding field.
|Course in Introduction to the National Disability Insurance Scheme|
The Course in Introduction to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) offers hands-on experience with NDIS participants and people with a lived experience of disability.
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 7th March 2019