Australia’s population provides a large cross-section of the community needing individual support and care. Additionally, there are more and more opportunities to work with older people across a broad spectrum of areas.
If you are committed to caring for the elderly and helping them to improve their health, well-being and independence, you can gain the knowledge and skills needed for a career in individual support and aged care.
These courses are for people:
- working in this field who want a qualification
- who want to work in this field.
There are courses are in:
- individual support
- home and community care
You will find work in:
- aged care facilities
- supported residential services
- day care centres
- local government agencies
Gain skills and knowledge in:
- the ageing process
- assisting older people with daily living
- caring for people with dementia
- workplace health and safety
- risk management
- culturally sensitive and inclusive practice
- networking skills and opportunities
- working in teams
- caring for younger people with disabilities
- communication with clients and colleagues
- individual support
- safety procedures for direct care work.
We have fully equipped on-site practical rooms at the Preston campus providing students with the opportunity for skills development in a ‘real-life’ settings.
|Certificate III in Individual Support|
The Certificate III in Individual Support is a nationally recognised qualification that will give you the practical skills and knowledge to work within the Aged Care sector, to provide a professional level of dignified and meaningful life.
|Certificate IV in Disability|
The Certificate IV in Disability will prepare you to train and support people with disabilities. Empower people with disabilities to achieve greater independence and community participation.
|Course in Introduction to the National Disability Insurance Scheme|
The Course in Introduction to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) offers hands-on exprerience with NDIS participants and people with a lived experience of disability.
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 13th October 2016