If you build it, they will come. But whatever you build, it must comply with the latest safety standards and skills.
Whether you are considering general civil construction or more specialised machinery operation, our Industrial Skills courses are designed to equip you for a career as an earthmover, forklift driver, plant operator or in general construction work.
Skills you will learn:
- measurements and calculations
- manual excavation
- install trench support
- concrete work
- identify, locate and protect underground services
- basic earthmoving
- specialised forklift operation.
Our Epping campus has a large simulated warehouse and construction site for on-the-job training, where you can:
- spread and compact materials manually
- conduct specialised forklift operation
- erect and dismantle temporary fencing and gates
- operate small plant and equipment.
|Certificate III in Civil Construction|
You'll be on the road to an 'in-demand' career with Melbourne Polytechnic's Certificate III in Civil Construction. This course will develop your knowledge and levels of expertise, equipping you to work as a skilled operator in road construction and maintenance.
|Course in Basic Earthmoving|
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: October 10, 2016