If you love building things and using your creative flair, have you considered a career in furniture and cabinet making?
There is always demand for tradespeople who can make objects for domestic or commercial interiors.
There are courses in both:
Once you have completed your apprenticeship, you will be able to find work as a cabinet maker or furniture manufacturer.
Skills and knowledge you will learn:
- occupational health and safety
- performing measurements and calculations
- interpreting plans and documentation
- safe operation of hand and power tools and woodworking machinery
- furniture design and construction techniques
- computer aided drafting
- applying decorative surfaces to furniture
- reading and interpreting work documents
- estimating and costing a job
- CNC technology
- furniture polishing (spray gun) and installation techniques.
|Certificate II in Furniture Making Pathways / Certificate II in Building and Construction|
Sit comfortably in your career with our Certificate II in Furniture Making Pathways MSF20516 and Certificate II in Building and Construction (Joinery/Shopfitting/Stairbuilding) 22338VIC. Make your own furniture, doors, windows and stairs, meet industry professionals and progress your career in the furniture manufacturing trade.
|Certificate III in Cabinet Making - Furniture Making|
Are you interested in working as a cabinet maker? Our Certificate III in Cabinet Making offers skills and knowledge to become a qualified Kitchen & Bathroom maker/installer or a qualified Furniture Maker. By becoming a Kitchen & Bathroom maker/installer or Furniture Maker, you could have the opportunity to start you own business in an always expanding industry.
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 22nd September 2016