If you love building things and using your creative flair, have you considered a career in furniture and cabinet making?
There is always demand for tradespeople who can make objects for domestic or commercial interiors.
There are courses in both:
Once you have completed your apprenticeship, you will be able to find work as a cabinet maker or furniture manufacturer.
Skills and knowledge you will learn:
- occupational health and safety
- performing measurements and calculations
- interpreting plans and documentation
- safe operation of hand and power tools and woodworking machinery
- furniture design and construction techniques
- computer aided drafting
- applying decorative surfaces to furniture
- reading and interpreting work documents
- estimating and costing a job
- CNC technology
- furniture polishing (spray gun) and installation techniques.
|Certificate II in Furniture Making|
Sit comfortably in your career with our Certificate II in Furniture Making. Make your own furniture, meet industry professionals and progress your career in the furniture manufacturing trade.
|Certificate III in Cabinet Making - Furniture Making|
Are you interested in working as a cabinetmaker? Our Certificate III in Cabinet Making with a focus on Furniture Making, will teach you how to produce furniture for cabinet manufacturers – or to start your own business. Learn key technical and versatile skills including problem solving, organisation and communication skills.
|Certificate III in Cabinet Making|
Build a clean future with the Kitchens and Bathrooms stream of our Certificate III in Cabinet Making. Tantalise your creative tastebuds and versatile skills by becoming a qualified kitchen and bathroom installer or master cabinet maker in this growing and always expanding industry.
|Bespoke Furniture Making|
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 22nd September 2016