AGRICULTURE AND LAND MANAGEMENT
03 9269 8615
Total Hours: 34
- Unit 1 – Wines of the World:
- Production of Wine (location, viticulture, vinification, maturation and bottling, labelling regulations).The topics include:
- France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Central and South Eastern Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, North America, South and Central America
- Sparkling Wines, and fortified wines
- Information and Advice for Customers and Staff
- Unit 2 – Tasting and Evaluating Wines of the World:
- WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting – how to taste wines and evaluate the quality, style and price
- Upon successful completion, participants will be issued a Level 3 Award Certificate and lapel pin by the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET)
FRENCH WINE SCHOLAR
Wine and Spirit Education Trust
- It appeals to people within the wine industry and to the general (and enthusiastic) wine consumer.
No government funding or concession applies.
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies
and if this changes in the future we'll wear the cost of changing it back.
Unit 1: A 50 questions exam paper consisting of short written and multiple choice questions
Unit 2 : full tasting notes on TWO wines
Pen and paper
Course specifications, tasting card, text and study guide are provided.
It is recommended that you complete the Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits before progressing to the Level 3 Award
Pathways to further study
French Wine Scholar course