The Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 3 Award in Wines short course is designed to develop to a high-level your ability to describe wine accurately, and account in detail for the style, quality and price of wines
Course Code: SPI003
Expand your knowledge of the world’s wine and wine regions
Build on your growing expertise and WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits, the internationally recognised WSET Level 3 Award in Wines.
As with the Level 2 Award, the Level 3 Award was developed by the UK-based Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET). Melbourne Polytechnic is an Approved Program Provider for the WSET.
The WSET Level 3 Award in Wines is open to you if you hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits or if you can demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge.
DepartmentAGRICULTURE AND LAND MANAGEMENT
Total Hours: 34
- Unit 1 – Wines of the World:
- Production of Wine (location, viticulture, vinification, maturation and bottling, labelling regulations).The topics include:
- France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Central and South Eastern Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, North America, South and Central America
- Sparkling Wines, and fortified wines
- Information and Advice for Customers and Staff
- Unit 2 – Tasting and Evaluating Wines of the World:
- WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting – how to taste wines and evaluate the quality, style and price
- Upon successful completion, participants will be issued a Level 3 Award Certificate and lapel pin by the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET)
Related CoursesFRENCH WINE SCHOLAR
Recognising OrganisationsWine and Spirit Education Trust
- It appeals to people within the wine industry and to the general (and enthusiastic) wine consumer.
No government funding or concession applies.
- Cash/Debit Card - paid in person at any of the campuses or the job and skills centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies