Melbourne Polytechnic's Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 1 Award in Wines is a basic introduction to wine, including tips for food and wine matching.
Course Code: SPI001
Enrol now in the internationally recognised WSET Awards in Wines
The course was developed by the UK-based Wine Spirit Education Trust (WSET), and is recognised internationally. Melbourne Polytechnic is an Approved Program Provider for WSET courses.
DepartmentAgriculture and Animal Studies
Total Hours: 8
- the main styles of wine
- the WSET Level 1 systematic approach to tasting
- the characteristics of the common grape varieties used to produce wine
- service of wine
- health, safety and legal issues
- the matching of food and wine
- Upon successful completion, participants will be issued a Level 1 Award Certificate and lapel pin from the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET)
Related CoursesWSET LEVEL 2 AWARD IN WINES AND SPIRITS, WSET LEVEL 3 AWARD IN WINES
Recognising OrganisationsWine and Spirit Education Trust
- It appeals to people entering the wine industry and to the general (and enthusiastic) wine consumer.
This course is GST Free
No government funding or concession applies.
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies