Melbourne Polytechnic Vintage and Contemporary Bridal Hair course assists participants through a structured programme on various hair preparation and styling techniques to increase the participant’s technical knowledge and styling ability by completing various tasks throughout the weekly course.
Course Code: SVA097
Designed for people that have basic knowledge of hair styling. Techniques cover hair preparation, products, styling techniques to create vintage periods, and recreate for a contemporary, modern feel for Red carpet, Bridal, Editorial contexts.
Total Hours: 50
- OHS, tools and equipment, Adornments, theory and styles from 1920’s, 1930’s, 1940’s, 1950’s, 1960’s and 1970’s, use of padding, elements of braiding, pin curl sets, hot roller setting, modern techniques of wand / straightening irons.
- Participants will be able to:
- To perform a range of designs and styling techniques authentic to period, and create and incorporate into modern day styling.
- Have confidence in identifying tools and equipment for the preparation and creation of styling.
Related CoursesBRIDAL MAKEUP FOR ALL DIVERSITIES, CERTIFICATE III IN BARBERING, CERTIFICATE III IN HAIRDRESSING
- Anyone who have basic hair styling skills, and wanting to up skill basic hair design principles.
For Brush Kit and consumables used for Hygiene and OHS
No government funding or concession applies.
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies