Melbourne Polytechnic is offering you a short course in work with termites and other timber pests and to provide the skills to identify, install and maintain a variety of termite management systems.
Course Code: SOH050
This short course will provide skills to identify, install and maintain a variety of termite management systems.
Each student enrolled in nationally recognised training will need a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to access all academic transcripts and qualifications. Melbourne Polytechnic cannot issue you with a Statement of Results, Statement of Attainment or qualification unless you provide your personal USI. Click here to be issued with your personal USI and bring this along when you enrol.
DepartmentHorticulture and Landscaping
Total Hours: 40
- introduction to timber pests
- investigate work site and assess work requirements
- plan for inspection
- inspect for timber pests
- analyse data
- prepare and distribute inspection report, design management plan, prepare and implement plan, restore worksite
- clean, safety check and store equipment; complete documentation; monitor effectiveness of management plan
- inspect for timber pests – practical day
- plan for installation of physical termite management systems
- access and assess site
- prepare sit for installation
- prepare equipment
- install physical management system
- restore work site and complete documentation
- Participants will gain the skills and knowledge to inspect for and control termites/timber pests
- A Statement of Attainment will be provided on successful completion of the course.'
- UNITS OF COMPETENCY: CPPPMT3008 Inspect for and report on timber pests; CPPPMT3010 Control timber pests; CPPPMT3042 Install physical termite management systems
- Candidates involved in the Pest Control Industry wanting extra skills and experience
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies