Melbourne Polytechnic's Silversmithing short course has been designed for participants seeking to develop their general Silversmithing skills and is ideal for those wishing to explore forging and raising techniques. It presents a range of individual silversmithing subjects in response to participant interest and need and is equally of interest to beginners or those who have existing skills that they wish to develop further.
Course Code: SMM003
Total Hours: 24
- Projects are worked through by each student at their own pace.
- Correct use of hammers and stakes
- Cold and hot forging techniques
- Sinking and raising of vessels
- Vessel design
- Planishing and cleaning of raised vessels
- Forging and sculpting of a spoon
- A project of choice for advanced students
- Upon completion of this course participants should be able to design and produce vessels, objects and other utensils in base or precious metal.
- A Certificate of Completion will be issued to successful participants at the conclusion of the course.
- People seeking to develop their general silversmithing skills.
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies