Knowing what to do in the first few minutes following an accident can be the difference between life and death. Melbourne Polytechnic's Provide First Aid short course teaches first aid for all types of injuries and illnesses.
Course Code: SPS101
Melbourne Polytechnic’s Provide First Aid course will provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to provide basic first aid response in emergency life support, EAR and CPR until emergency assistance arrives.
Each student enrolled in nationally recognised training will need a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to access all academic transcripts and qualifications. Melbourne Polytechnic cannot issue you with a Statement of Results, Statement of Attainment or qualification unless you provide your personal USI. Click here to be issued with your personal USI and bring this along when you enrol.
DepartmentHealth and Community
Total Hours: 18
- legal considerations
- duty of care
- documentation (incident reports)
- infection control
- personal protective equipment
- responding to first aid situations
- casualty assessment
- basic life support functions
- the basic structure and function of the human body
- life support
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- defibrillate (AED)
- types of injuries and illnesses
- This course will also assist you to administer and manage emergencies including:
- fractures and soft tissue
- bites and stings
- near drowning
- temperature related emergencies
Recognising OrganisationsACIR Nationally recognised unit
- Participants requiring a first aid certificate for the workplace, home, sport or recreational use.