Have you ever wanted to get your Pest Management – Technician license?
Course Code: SOH040
Melbourne Polytechnic is offering you a short course that will give you the knowledge and skills you require to be eligible to apply for your license.
Please Note: When enrolling into Pest Management Technician you will receive the 3 units of competency required to apply for your licence.
Each student enrolled in nationally recognised training will need a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to access all academic transcripts and qualifications. Melbourne Polytechnic cannot issue you with a Statement of Results, Statement of Attainment or qualification unless you provide your personal USI. Click here to be issued with your personal USI and bring this along when you enrol.
DepartmentHorticulture and Landscaping
- Inspect work site and identify pests and pest activity
- Develop and discuss pest management plan with client
- Prepare work site for pest management
- Select and prepare equipment and pesticides required to implement pest management plan
- Apply pesticides
- Finalise work and complete documentation
- Clean, safety check and store equipment
- Adapt or create physical conditions in work site to manage pests
- Set up storage area in pest management vehicle
- Stock vehicle storage area
- Control and maintain stocks of equipment and chemicals
- Control a pest management vehicle storage area
- Maintain a pest management vehicle
- Respond to emergency situations
- Practical excursion
- Participant will gain the skills and knowledge to apply for the Pest Management - Technician license.
- CPPPMT3005 Manage pests without applying pesticides
- CPPPMT3006 Manage pests by applying pesticides
- CPPPMT3018 Maintain equipment and pesticide storage areas in pest management vehicles
- Candidates wishing to obtain for their Pest Management - Technician license.
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies