03 9269 8615
- wiring a meter box and switchboard
- MEN system testing
- identifying visual defects
- testing an installation
- Assessment results letter and Statement of Results will be issued
LICENSED ELECTRICAL ASSESSMENT (LEA), LICENSED ELECTRICAL ASSESSMENT (LEA)
Energy Safe Victoria
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies
Please ensure that you read all attached paperwork thoroughly prior to your assessment. Please bring the original printed copy of your eligibility letter, TRA certificate or 'L' licence and your photo identification to your assessment. Failure to do so will result in cancellation. Candidates are required to be present 15 minutes prior to scheduled assessment time. Please note that if you are late, you may not be permitted to sit the assessment.
As of the 1st July 2015, All candidates are required to bring your own an Insulation Resistance Tester for LEA assessments. The criteria for the testers is Analogue, No indication for Pass or Fail, Minimum of 250V/500V scale, Minimum 2 x continuity scales, True moving coil meter. The tester has to have been tested recently for accuracy.
REMINDER: With warmer weather approaching, please ensure that you MUST have long sleeves, long pants and covered footwear. Candidates wearing shorts/t-shirt and inappropriate footwear will be denied entry to the examination.
To be eligible to sit the LEA you need:
- an eligibility letter which identifies:
- all relevant units of competency have been achieved
- profiling requirements have been met, OR
- an Australian Trades Recognition Certificate, OR
- an Electrician (Supervised) Worker’s Licence (ES licence), OR
- a Supervised Worker’s Licence (L Licence)