This short course will provide participants with the understanding of the safe operation of tractors in any given situation, with or without attached equipment and the application of skills to safely utilise the various components and controls of tractors.
Course Code: SAH009
- Basic description on types of tractors available
- Tractors safety including legislation and DVD
- Look over basic components and safety features of tractors
- Perform pre-start checks
- Routine safety checks
- Mechanical hazards
- Tractor operation
- Attach equipment
- Operate tractors in a range of different environments
- Selection of equipment to match tractor performance
- Attach, reverse and remove a trailed implement fitted with remote hydraulics
- Attach, operate and remove a PTO driven implement
- Operate a tractor and implement in field conditions
- Final tractor assessment
- Skills and knowledge to operate a tractor
- Attach and detach equipment
- Maintenacne and hazards
- Hobby Farm owners and operators
- Land owners
- Candidates that wish to refresh or gain extra knowledge
WHAT TO BRING/MATERIALS
- Wear warm clothing and hat
- Work boot
- Rain coat
A Statement of Attainment will be issued at the conclusion of the course
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
AHCMOM202 Operate Tractors
Start Date: 14 October 2017
End Date: 22 October 2017
Saturday 14 October 2017 at 9.00am – 5.00pm
Saturday 21 October 2017 at 9.00am – 5.00pm
Sunday 22 October 9.00am – 5.00pm at Yan Yean Farm
Completion of this unit of competency will earn you credit towards attaining a Nationally Recognised qualification in Certificate III in Agriculture.
For any any additional information, please contact a Short Courses and Future Students on 03 9269 8615, or by email.
Students may be eligible for Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.
Course Cancellation or Postponement
Courses with low enrolments may be cancelled or delayed. You will be notified of this 48 hours prior to course commencement.