This popular short course enables participants to use hand tools to construct a simple piece of furniture incorporating a range of basic furniture joints and fastenings. Melbourne Polytechnic's Furniture Making unit is the most comfortable thing to sign up to, today!
Course Code: SFM001
No matter if you’re a complete beginner or someone with a little bit of woodworking knowledge, this satisfying and rewarding course will give you the confidence and knowledge to start making your own furniture.
Total Hours: 30
- develop hand skills
- identify a range of hand tools
- use correctly and maintain in good condition a basic range of hand tools
- construct a range of basic joints
- use correctly and maintain in good condition a range of portable power tools and equipment
- construct a simple piece of furniture incorporating a range of joints, fastening and finish ready for a clear lacquer
- At the end of the course, participants will develop the skills and knowledge to correctly use a range of hand tools, construct a range of basic furniture joints and construct a simple piece of furniture.
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies