This popular short course enables participants to use hand tools to construct a simple piece of furniture incorporating a range of basic furniture joints and fastenings. Melbourne Polytechnic's Furniture Making unit is the most comfortable thing to sign up to, today!
Course Code: SFM001
No matter if you’re a complete beginner or someone with a little bit of woodworking knowledge, this satisfying and rewarding course will give you the confidence and knowledge to start making your own furniture.
- develop hand skills
- identify a range of hand tools
- use correctly and maintain in good condition a basic range of hand tools
- construct a range of basic joints
- use correctly and maintain in good condition a range of portable power tools and equipment
- construct a simple piece of furniture incorporating a range of joints, fastening and finish ready for a clear lacquer
At the end of the course, participants will develop the skills and knowledge to correctly use a range of hand tools, construct a range of basic furniture joints and construct a simple piece of furniture.
You need to wear work clothing, protective equipment (work boots, safety eye protection and ear plugs). Please bring a pen and notebook.
For further information please contact Short Courses by email: ua.ud1480941125e.cin1480941125hcety1480941125lopen1480941125ruobl1480941125em@se1480941125sruoc1480941125trohs1480941125
Course Cancellation or Postponement
Courses with low enrolments may be cancelled or delayed. You will be notified of this 48 hours prior to course commencement.