Melbourne Polytechnic Fundamentals of singing course is designed for people who wish to learn basics of singing or want to improve their singing.
Course Code: SPA089
This short course is an introduction to the art of singing, exploring anatomy, vocal health and warm up routines, the connection between correct breathing and phrasing, rhythm, lyric interpretation, vocal techniques, pre performance nerves and stagecraft.
Total Hours: 12
- Week 1 - exploring anatomy,
- Week 2 - vocal health and warm up routines,
- Week 3 - the connection between correct breathing and phrasing,
- Week 4 - rhythm, lyric interpretation,
- Week 5 - vocal techniques,
- Week 6 - pre performance nerves and stagecraft.
- Each week the students will discuss aspects of singing and learn vocal warm ups before individually performing contemporary songs specifically chosen to explore all aspects of singing with supportive and positive feedback.
Related CoursesINTRODUCTION TO SINGING BLUES AND JAZZ
- Anyone who would like to improve their singing
No government funding or concession applies.
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies